This past weekend my sister and I went to the Generation Beauty event hosted by Ipsy. I jumped at the chance to wear this new, blush moto-jacket by BlankNYC. It is under $100 and amazing quality I definitely recommend this jacket as we transition into spring! I am wearing jeans by Mother, a brand I am trying for the first time and I absolutely love them!! They are perfect for women with some curves, super flattering and also very comfortable. They are a little pricey but definitely worth it.
Anyway, if you do not know what Ipsy is, it is a monthly-delivered goodie bag with great beauty samples. It is only $10 a month and gives you access to really great product samples that you can buy at a discounted rate if you like it! It also comes in a cutely designed beauty pouch each month which I love – it gives me something to look forward to! At the Generation Beauty event there were tons of makeup and skincare brands there, and I wanted to share my favorite products exclusively with you!
1. Benefit: Gimme Brow – this volumizing fiber brow gel is simply the best. No longer do you have to pencil your eyebrows in first and use the gel to perfect after. The gel actually mimics the look of real hair so it instantly adds volume, color and shape to your brows. This is a must have!
2. Smashbox: Photo Finish foundation primer – This primer is perfection. Use it before your foundation to smooth lines for an easier, foundation application. It helps the foundation stay all day looking photo-ready without seeping into those lines (I have horrible smile lines so this is a life saver!)
3. Clinique: All About Eyes – Reduces circles and puffs. I don’t know about you, but if I eat something salty at night (and I LOVE Chinese food) my eyes are super puffy in the morning. I swear by this eye moisturizer and, if you want even more help, I definitely suggest using the All About Eyes Serum beforehand. I absolutely love Clinique skincare products and I love that it doesn’t break the bank!
4. Jergens: Natural Glow Firming Moisturizer – My mother had me start tanning in middle school so I wouldn’t get too sunburn during our spring vacation. As horrible as it is, I continued tanning throughout high-school and college but not anymore! When I’m not particularly embracing my pale skin I love to use this moisturizer. Not only does it firm skin but it gives me a subtle, sun-kissed glow all year round.
5. Tarte: Tarteist To Go Pro Amazonian Clay Palette – I love the unique colors in this palette! I love trying all different kinds of eye shadows and this palette by Tarte has gorgeous color, and the amazonian clay in the product makes it last and not wrinkle.
6. Tarte: Brighter Days Highlighting Moisturizer – So there are definitely mixed reviews on this moisturizer because there is a little micro-glitter in the product. My advice, if you have oily skin use only on the cheeks or not at all. I have combination skin and I think it the moisturizer really gives my face a pretty glow. In lieu of a primer, I put more on my cheeks than on the T-zone and it gives my skin a gorgeous glow all day.
7. Hourglass: Veil Mineral Primer – This mineral based, water resistant primer smooths fine lines and keeps makeup looking fresh all day! It is a little pricey, so I recommend trying the Smashbox primer first.
If you’re in the LA area, I definitely suggest you attend this beauty event next year. You get access to tons of free samples and are able to try different products and have them professionally applied. Regardless of your location, you should sign up for the Ipsy bag and let them know I referred you! It is like a little gift to look forward to every month! I’ve linked the products above but they are all listed below as well. Let me know if you have any questions or comments – would love the feedback!